Friday, July 19, 2013

Observations

Observations while not drinking
  • I am more okay with it if I screw up.  I feel like I can make mistakes and be okay with it.  I don't feel like I have to be perfect all the time.  When I am drinking and something is messed up I wonder "is it because I am drinking/drank last night/ am hungover".
  • I can share my drinks with my kids - tonic and lemonade, pellegrino
  • My skin continues to improve.  Red splotches that I had on my face are fading.  My feet (I know weird) are healthier - less dry.
  • I care more about what I look like.  I mean I feel like I look better and I am enjoying that aspect and want it to continue.  I may take a few extra minutes on my hair or make sure I have lipstick on, shave my legs :) . I don't feel like I am being vain, just kind of checked back in to taking care of myself
  • I am still tired at weird times.  Yesterday I was exhausted from 2-5.  Today, I am fine.  Same amount of sleep, almost exactly the same food choices.  Just kind of up and down as I move through detoxing
  • I am proud of myself
  • I am scared of how this turns out
  • I am hopeful
  • I am nicer to myself - kind of goes back to the first observation.  I cut myself some slack.  I listen to my bodies needs. (NOT my occaional drink cravings)
  • I am more present.  That sounds so cliche and I think EVERYONE says it, but it is true.  I feel more connected to the good and to the bad.
  • I feel more empathetic
That is it for now.  I think I am writing these down so that I can re-read them over the weekend.  Weekends seem to be tougher for me and I need a reminder that this is a positive direction, even if I'm bored, annoyed, celebrating, tired or whatever.  It is better to be in those headspaces sober than boozing.

No comments:

Post a Comment