Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Going along going along (day 18)

I'm still at it!

Whine time - I am so tired of being wiped out tired all the time.  I feel like I just need to sleep all the time.  I'm not sure what the deal is with this and how long it will last, but it is making me nuts!  I feel like a lazy sloth!

The other "side effect" I am experiencing lately may or may not be related to being sober.  I have found lately that I am incredibly sore after my workouts 3x a week.  I haven't been this sore since probably a year ago when I started this gym.  I was sore from my workout Thursday and had just started really recovering just to workout hard again on Monday and Tuesday.  My legs feel like they are so stiff all the time.  I am not sure if this has to do with a physical chemistry change or if I am perhaps working out harder because I am not chronically hungover.  I mean it is good to be sore, but this is ridiculous!

I am thinking about booze a bit less these.  I feel like during the first week or two staying sober consumed me.  I was reading blogs, reading books, listening to The Bubble Hour, checking with BFB.  I am still doing a lot of those things.  Sometimes I thought that with all of the sober input I was seeking that I was afraid I wouldn't have time to do anything else.  It seemed to be my whole world.  I have noticed over the past 3 or 4 days that it has begun to subside just a bit. I am still doing these things, but not in an all consuming way.  It is nice too because I find I am not always thinking about booze and drinking or thinking about not drinking.  Sometimes I find myself just living life...just going along going along.  I am just making dinner or watching a movie with the family or reading a magazine and I realize I am not thinking about booze.  It is not constant, but it happens occasionally and it is like a little glimpse of what it could be like when I find a normal balance of dealing with this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment