Wednesday, July 3, 2013

It's just math really.

Since I started cutting way back on my drinking I have had

6/22 one mixed tonic drink - lets say 250 cals
6/29 2 beers and almost one bottle of wine - lets say 1100 cals
6/30 1 white russian - probably 300 cals

Since 6/17 I have consumed 1650 calories in alcohol.  I figure at the rate I was drinking prior to cutting back I would have consumed an average of 2 drinks per night and lets say take maybe 1 night off per week.  That would come to 4200 cals + all the crap I would decide to eat while having my drinks AND the hangover food the next morning...if I could eat at all.  It probably would add up to an extra 10,000 cals.  During the last 2 1/2 weeks I have been doing great with my workouts.  Hitting my class 3 times a week plus 1 or 2 other workouts, from mountain biking to SUP.  It is pretty clear by just the numbers alone that I have to make a choice.  At this rate I should be able to drop a pound or two a week without making any other big changes other than removing alcohol.  It is clear - if I want to live a healthy lifestyle - meaning being fit and strong and putting food in my body that improves it then I cannot drink the way I was previously.  The two lifestyle choices do not work together. 

So, there it is - a non-emotional, black and white, cut and dry look at what the numbers mean.  My brain may be able to lie to itself, but the numbers don't lie. 


No comments:

Post a Comment