Thursday, June 27, 2013

Vacation challenge

It is Day 5 of not drinking and Day 1 of our long weekend mini vacay. I have spent so many summer evenings here in a nicely buzzed state. We sit on the porch, watch the sun set let the children run and play and build a strong buzz.  Good times.  I stood in the booze aisle of the store going back and forth on whether I should by drink ingredients. Literally a witness to the two sides of my brain going back and forth. So nice that I can entertain myself with an internal argument. In the end my stingy side tipped the scales in favor of no booze. Since I'd have to buy vodka and kahlua it would be about $35. I guess in the end it is whatever it takes to make it.  I do have a bottle if red wine that I brought from home. Not sure why I decided to that. I enjoy wine, but I really don't drink it much. I'm still not sure whether I'll drink or not. I'd like to think I won't, but...I really don't know at this point. Right now I am guzzling a quart of water and just trying to ride out this wave of - "Fuck it, I'm on vacation" mentality.  Vacation is much harder than being home...

No comments:

Post a Comment