Sunday, June 23, 2013

No, no, no, no, well, maybe just one

Dang it! Had a drink Saturday night. I say that like it was an accident, like oops! oh crap, I totally forgot I wasn't drinking right now. No, I remembered, it was pretty front and center all damn day! I had passed on having a beer earlier in the day at lunch and then again later when my hubs and I stopped into a bar while walking around Seattle. We don't usually drink so much, but we were on a mini-anniversary vacation. ANYWAY, by the time we went out for dinner I guess I was tired of saying No. Okay, taking a slight detour here - bear with me - 

On Friday night I told my hubs I was going to cut back on my drinking. I told him I want to be healthier and drinking isn't helping. He understood, but I don't think he realizes the mental aspect of it. He suggested I just don't buy it. I could have a drink out here and there, but don't have it in the house. Ahhh seems so simple. He is supportive, but I need to be diligent for my own sake as he isn't quite aware of the extent of it.

So, back to Saturday, I've been saying no for 2 days. I just wanted to celebrate. My brain still equates drinking with celebrating. Hubs said "order a special drink, I'll drive" I hemmed and hawed, but I ended up ordering some fancy gin, thyme, ginger beer conction. It was good and fancy. But here's where it gets scary- one drink and BAM! I'm figuring out where we should go get our next drink. I am ready to get the party started! Fortunately, it didn't work out for us to head off to a bar or club. We had some ice cream, watched the sunset, and walked around and then headed home. 

It was a real eye opener just getting to have one drink. It took my mind off of spending a nice anniversary evening with my hubs and straight in to how to get more booze. Very intersting.

Long drive home from Seattle today so I am too beat to even think about drinking. Plus still no vodka in the house. Good job Thursday and Friday Erin not "stopping at the store".

Onward I go. Lets see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment