Saturday, June 22, 2013

New experiences

Faced a new challenge yesterday. I flew to see my husband. Usually travel is the perfect excuse to drink. The anonymity and transience of the airport allows me the freedom to get met drink on. Plus in most cases I don't have to drive on the other end. I am happy to say I made it through. I bought the new Vanity Fair magazine (Hello Channing!), some Reese's Peanut Butter cups, put my music on and hunkered down. I had built up in my brain what a challenge this would be, but it turns out it wasn't too bad.  Of course, my hubs suggestion that we go have a beer once I landed kind of threw me. I hemmed and hawed in the bar. Hmmm... Just one? That's normal right? That would be okay. Then I thought - why? I didn't have a good answer for that. I ordered a cranberry and tonic and all was fine. I even got to drive my hubs home - now that's a role reversal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment