Thursday, August 15, 2013

Telling my man

My hubs is home for a week between trips to Alaska.  It is always so nice to have him home.  It is weird for a day or two as we kind of figure out our routines again, but weird is better than alone!

So as I am on day 39 of not drinking now I figured I should let my hubs know that I am done with it.  I still don't have it in me to admit to more than just "I was drinking too much".  So, that is what I said.   I really didn't have to say it though, he had a front row seat to how much I was drinking.  So, I told him that I am done drinking.  I explained to him that  it is easier for me to just say no all the time then to try to play games and say I will only drink on the weekends or I will only drink when we are out at dinner/special occasions.  I told him that I just preferred to not have it be a part of my life.  He mentioned that he noticed I hadn't had a drink in a long time (he has been gone for the last 3 weeks so he didn't really know what I was doing until he came home) and that he thought if I wasn't drinking I would achieve my other goals more easily.  I also explained to him that when I initially thought about drinking I thought somehow I would be missing out on fun, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized the things I do for fun do not include drinking.  In fact drinking really wasn't fun anymore.  He just nodded and agreed.  So, that was that I guess.  Not really sure if I expected it to go differently or if maybe I thought he would have questions or what.  He doesn't drink much and can really take it or leave it.  He said he doesn't care if he drinks again, but sometimes he likes the taste of a beer.  He also said he would prefer it sometimes if beer didn't have alcohol in it.  Fuck you, who even says that?  Oops, I mean, huh - that's interesting. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment