Friday, August 16, 2013

Day 40 no booze, Day 5 no sugar. If I keep giving up stuff I am going to need more room for the title.

Today is 5 days no sugar and 40 days no booze.  Okay, universe I am expecting to drop a few lbs on the old scale anytime now.  Oh wait, I should not be eating my weight in carbs? Hm. oh. whatever then. One vice at a time.  I feel like I am working on the two biggies right now so I'll just leave at that for a bit. 

My gym has a bootcamp starting up again in about 2 weeks.  During bootcamp we are supposed to go No Alcohol (check), No sugar over 9 grams (check), No dairy (about 1/2 a check here), No Processed foods (another 1/2 a check) and No starchy carbs (no checks at all, in fact I might need to give some of the previously earned checks back!  In the past when I have done this detox I have gotten sick, I mean "I think I'm getting the flu" sick during the first week and by week 2 I am usually drinking again.  Since I am cutting out booze and sugar on my own I am thinking that maybe cutting out the other 3 won't be such a system shock this time.  I know starchy carbs convert to sugars, but since 2 months ago I was consuming booze, sugar AND starchy carbs and now I am just on starchy carbs I am at least going in the right direction.  I am also starting to see that the first 5 days of making a major change to my eating or drinking pattern kind of sucks.  It is hard not having sugar, but it is easier today than it was on Monday.  I have to hope that it will be easier still by this time next week.  So I will continue my optimistic journey on my quest for nutritional self improvement.  Btw - during this I am not counting calories at all.  I am working out 3-5 times a week and just trying to limit my foods to be within my current "NO" guideline.  I am trying to eat healthier overall and not be obsessed with numbers all the time. 

Well, that is about all the exciting news I have today.  Just a general check in.  Keeping the sober side up and trying to enjoy the fact that I remember my days and evenings now.

No comments:

Post a Comment